The Liberal Party of Canada in Saskatchewan is seeking a volunteer Communications Director.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Communications Director are as follows:
- Work with the LPC (SK) Executive in the establishment and implementation of Communications protocols and appropriate plans;
- Assist Electoral District Associations (EDAs) in achieving Communications-related objectives;
- Develop and/or coordinate LPC (SK) Communications materials including but not limited to:
- Media Advisories and Releases
- Public Service Announcements
- Key Messages/Talking Points
- Marketing/Promotional pieces;
- Manage all social media and web 2.0 content including:
- Graphics design
- LPC (SK) Website;
- Monitor major media outlets and advise LPC (SK) on emerging political developments;
- Establish and manage relationships with media contacts;
- Assist in developing LPC (SK) outreach and community relations strategies;
- Provide Communications support and planning for events and activities conducted by the LPC (SK) and EDAs;
- Act as Media Liaison and primary media contact for media inquiries;
- Manage and enforce adherence to Liberal Party of Canada Brand Identity guidelines; and
- Any other duties as prescribed by the executive of the LPC (SK).
- Excellent creativity, determination, and initiative;
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Graphic Design and desktop publishing skills;
- Excellent coaching, consultation skills;
- Self-confidence; and
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
Individuals wishing to apply must:
- Be a member of the Liberal Party of Canada; and
- Provide a cover letter and resume with a minimum of two (2) references.
All completed packages must be received by no later than 4:30pm CST on March 28, 2014 with the subject line “Communications Director – LPC (SK)”
David Clarke, Field Organizer
Liberal Party of Canada (Saskatchewan)